My Personal Christian Blog

Thanks for sliding into my blog site. This blog bog is a spin-off from my website at http://www.niteowldave.com/. Call me a Night Owl, as my full-time mission and hobby are jabbering from midnight until 8 a.m.ish with chatter bugs across the world. Hoot, hoot! Being a retired newspaper guy and a Curious George, I've written and assembled a whack of stuff that I hope you'll find interesting and thought-provoking. Check out the Stories bar on the right side, below, for all my articles - from my web site and this blog.




January 7, 2009

Mormons exalt a false Jesus

by niteowldave
niteowldave@gmail.com

Recent Republican presidential candidate (2007) Newt Romney is an upright member of The Church of the Latter Day Saints (LDS), The Mormons.

So is popular conservative radio and TV talk show host Glenn Beck.

They are well-educated guys, who dress well, are enthusiastic, engaging, who obviously love freedom. They speak about God. They appear to be men of faith.

This makes it difficult to suggest that these two bright lights are duped. They proclaim they acknowledge Jesus as being the Son of God. The problem is they bow to a false Jesus.

That sounds nuts, doesn't it?

So what is a MAJOR difference between what the Word of God, the Bible, teaches and what the Mormons believe.

The Jesus of the Bible cannot be the Jesus the Mormons hold up as being the Savior of the world. No way.

The Bible states that Jesus Christ is part of the Trinity with God and the Holy Spirit. The Trinity is complicated for a mere mortal to understand, yes. But it’s biblical.


The Bible quotes Jesus as saying is He is the one and only way to Heaven and is equal with God.

“If you knew me, you would know my Father also'" (John 8:19) "I tell you the truth,'
Jesus answered, 'before Abraham was born, I am!'" (John 8:58).
"I and the Father are one" (John 10:30).

Mormons preach that Jesus Christ is the created brother of Lucifer, the once top angel who was booted out of Heaven and who is now Satan and Hell-bound, as are his Demons who choose to bow to him. (Gospel Through the Ages - 1946 Priesthood Manual by Milton R. Hunter, p. 15).


Satan will be joined in eternal torment by men and women on earth who refuse to bow to the real Jesus.