My Personal Christian Blog

Thanks for sliding into my blog site. This blog bog is a spin-off from my website at http://www.niteowldave.com/. Call me a Night Owl, as my full-time mission and hobby are jabbering from midnight until 8 a.m.ish with chatter bugs across the world. Hoot, hoot! Being a retired newspaper guy and a Curious George, I've written and assembled a whack of stuff that I hope you'll find interesting and thought-provoking. Check out the Stories bar on the right side, below, for all my articles - from my web site and this blog.




September 7, 2009


One Sin Will Block Us From Heaven


According to the Bible, any ONE unforgiven sin will keep us out of Heaven.

It took only one sin by Adam to drive him out of the Garden of Eden and away from God. He did not lie, kill, steal, commit adultery, or any of the large menu of sins. It took just one act of sinful disobedience.

If people realized that the Bible declares that one sin is enough to keep them out of Heaven, they would quickly look to Christ to save them. It seems people must KNOW they are lost first, in order to get saved. Our sins will keep us out of Heaven and send us to Hell forever.

One sin that will keep us out of Heaven is certainly the sin of "not believing in Christ", says John 16:9. it is fundamental to realize that Christ died for our sins. Peter says "To Him give all the prophets witness, that through His name whosoever believeth in Him shall receive remission of sins".

Forgiveness is available because the Lord Jesus loved us and died for our sins. God laid "all our iniquities on Him", says Isaiah 53:6. We can benefit from His gift of eternal life by placing our faith in Him and His sacrifice.

Let me explain what believing does not mean. It does not mean to believe ABOUT Jesus Christ dying for our sins. That is necessary, but not enough. It does not mean to believe and then do the best you can. It really means to trust, lean upon, and depend upon entirely. It is trusting Him only.

Salvation is by faith in Christ alone. Nothing added. To know that our sins are all gone and that we have eternal life; will transform us into a new person. If you are not saved, then, this is exactly what you need. It is not religion, but salvation. Surely a clean conscious is what people need, but do not have.

Acts 13:38-39 says, "Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins; and by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses".

Do you really believe these verses? Believing in the Lord Jesus Christ and the Word of God is the way to be saved, and, the way to know it. How do we get "saved"? By praying something like this:

Dear God:
I am a sinner. Others have sinned greater than I have. But, nevertheless, I stand before you now as a lost sinner, deserving of Hell. I choose to believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God, who, became a man.

I choose to believe that He allowed Himself to be put to death, that he arose again on the third day, and that He is alive today.

The Bible says our sins are washed away by the blood of Jesus Christ and, I believe that. Father I want to be cleansed of all my sins right now.


I know I am not right with God and, I want to be forgiven. I want to go to Heaven when I die. Right now at (Time and Date) ______ I bow at the foot of the cross of Jesus Christ, and I am dumping all of my sins there. And I mean ALL of them!


I ask that the blood of Jesus Christ wash away all my sins; past, present, and future. I am sorry for my sins God, and I accept your forgiveness. Right now, I declare that I am a Christian. I ask Father, that you will make me aware of when I want to sin, and give me the courage to say NO.


I ask too, that you will help me understand the Bible, and to make the rest of my days on earth count for eternity. I pray all of this in the name of Jesus Christ, my new Lord and Savior.
Amen