My Personal Christian Blog

Thanks for sliding into my blog site. This blog bog is a spin-off from my website at http://www.niteowldave.com/. Call me a Night Owl, as my full-time mission and hobby are jabbering from midnight until 8 a.m.ish with chatter bugs across the world. Hoot, hoot! Being a retired newspaper guy and a Curious George, I've written and assembled a whack of stuff that I hope you'll find interesting and thought-provoking. Check out the Stories bar on the right side, below, for all my articles - from my web site and this blog.




April 5, 2010


Don't All Belief Systems Lead To Heaven?

Why should it be thought unreasonable to believe that the Jews, Hindus, Muslims, and others, can be saved in their own religion?


Surely if they live up to what they believe God will accept them, right? There is a tendency to believe this, even among those who say they are born again Christians.


It is part of the ecumenical spirit that has invaded the Christian world. The problem is: Those who believe that all religious roads lead to Heaven are calling God and Jesus liars.

In John 14:6, "Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." Jesus Christ is very emphatic here, very narrow, very politically “incorrect”.

He points out in John 10:9, "No man can come, but by Him." He likening heaven to a sheepfold and said, "I am the (one and only door); by me if any man enter in he shall be saved."

Peter made it doubly clear when he said in Acts 4:12, "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under Heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Paul puts is this way in Acts 13:38-39: "Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: And by him all that believe are justified from all things."

There is none other who was able, who died to put away our sins, but Christ. There is no way a sinner can enter Heaven without being forgiven and cleansed from all sin. Christ alone is the WAY.