My Personal Christian Blog

Thanks for sliding into my blog site. This blog bog is a spin-off from my website at http://www.niteowldave.com/. Call me a Night Owl, as my full-time mission and hobby are jabbering from midnight until 8 a.m.ish with chatter bugs across the world. Hoot, hoot! Being a retired newspaper guy and a Curious George, I've written and assembled a whack of stuff that I hope you'll find interesting and thought-provoking. Check out the Stories bar on the right side, below, for all my articles - from my web site and this blog.




January 10, 2011

GOD IS SELDOM INVITED


By NiteOwlDave

It is puzzling to me why God allows us to use Him as some kind of a safety value where we control the on-off switch.

God can’t be thrilled about being called upon like an ambulance when tragedy strikes like the bombs blasts in Oklahoma City and the downing of the World Trade Center building.

During times of duress, prayer and reference to Scripture is both welcomed and sought after.

When we are feeling comfortable and have no national hurts, we govern God stuff sternly, always aware of high court rulings and political correctness.

Public prayers in Jesus’ name at Ground Zero Sept. 11, 2001, in New York City is fine. Try that there any other time and the “right’s” people will show up with the cops in toe. It’s a wonder God doesn’t ignore us.