My Personal Christian Blog

Thanks for sliding into my blog site. This blog bog is a spin-off from my website at http://www.niteowldave.com/. Call me a Night Owl, as my full-time mission and hobby are jabbering from midnight until 8 a.m.ish with chatter bugs across the world. Hoot, hoot! Being a retired newspaper guy and a Curious George, I've written and assembled a whack of stuff that I hope you'll find interesting and thought-provoking. Check out the Stories bar on the right side, below, for all my articles - from my web site and this blog.




December 6, 2012

To Bee or Not to Be




It is hard not to mock the idea of evolution as a solid science when one considers even the simple things of nature.

Consider the ho-hum, work-a-day world of the common honeybee.

Bees build a complicated nest city with 10,000 cells for honey and 12,000 cells for larvae. One special holy-of-holy cell is home to the large queen bee. One tiny bee is in charge of air conditioning.

If the temperature gets to the point where the wax may melt and the honey lost, the alarm will be sounded and swarms of bees will be organized inside the hive.

With feet "glued" down, a squadron posted at the entrance will fan in cooler outside air by wing power. The result is a ventilation system that makes the electric fan seem commonplace.

To gather the ingredients which will eventually become honey, the not-so-simple bee will drone as far as 20 miles from its hive.

If one happens upon a rich section of flowers, it somehow directs other worker bees to the site.

There is no God involved here? Yeah, right!