My Personal Christian Blog

Thanks for sliding into my blog site. This blog bog is a spin-off from my website at http://www.niteowldave.com/. Call me a Night Owl, as my full-time mission and hobby are jabbering from midnight until 8 a.m.ish with chatter bugs across the world. Hoot, hoot! Being a retired newspaper guy and a Curious George, I've written and assembled a whack of stuff that I hope you'll find interesting and thought-provoking. Check out the Stories bar on the right side, below, for all my articles - from my web site and this blog.




June 3, 2013

PROVE IT!


Is there a real God and does He care?
By NiteOwlDave
niteowldave@gmail.com

The apostle Peter raises a good point when he notes in 2 Peter 3 and 4,

“Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.                              
 

"They will say, 'Where is this coming he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation'.”

If I was not a believer in the return of Christ and the promise that I will go to Heaven because I have placed my trust in Him, I might be carping too: “I have heard the promises, where’s the beef?”

Rather than me try to explain, I suggest you read this book summation I have assembled here. The book is called "Reasons for Believing, A Seeker's Guide to Christianity" by Dr. Frank Harber”

Harber is an evangelist, university professor, and a Christian apologist. Harber responds to tough-issue question with simple clarity. He tackles subjects like:

1. Can I know for certain that God exists?
2. How do I know if the Bible is totally trustworthy?
3. Was Jesus Christ God or just a good teacher?
4. Can it be proven that Jesus rose from the dead?
5. Is Christianity the way to God?

Give it a look - http://home.cogeco.ca/~wwjs/dts17.html