My Personal Christian Blog

Thanks for sliding into my blog site. This blog bog is a spin-off from my website at http://www.niteowldave.com/. Call me a Night Owl, as my full-time mission and hobby are jabbering from midnight until 8 a.m.ish with chatter bugs across the world. Hoot, hoot! Being a retired newspaper guy and a Curious George, I've written and assembled a whack of stuff that I hope you'll find interesting and thought-provoking. Check out the Stories bar on the right side, below, for all my articles - from my web site and this blog.




July 24, 2013

YES, JESUS DIED AND AROSE

   
By NiteOwlDave
niteowldave@gmail.com

Recently, I had a brief Internet chat exchange with a friendly stranger from Toronto, Canada.

I’m not one to argue or debate, but this guy slowly edged me into the ring with his insistence that the Bible does not support the idea that the Lord Jesus Christ died and arose again from the dead to pay for our sins.

Like other Muslims, he insisted that Jesus was just a heralded prophet and not the Son of God who paid for our sins.

“I have read a lot of your Bible,” he said. “I have not seen anywhere where it says Jesus died on a cross and came back to life.”

“Oh,” I responded. “You may have surfed over a few dozen passages.”

He then posted this website which he said proves that the body of Jesus Christ reposes in the Kan Yar section of Srinagar, the capital of Kashmir, India: http://www.tombofjesus.com/

I wrote him a day later with this website which shows many verses in the Bible that point out that Jesus did die and come back to life: http://www.jesusemptytomb.com/the-resurrection/jesus-resurrection/scripture-reference-guide-to-jesus-resurrection.html

The photo above of the tomb in Jerusalem is likely where the body of Messiah Jesus spent three days following His crucifixion and from where He arose from the dead.

It is located next to a hill where most scholars believe is the location of His death.