My Personal Christian Blog

Thanks for sliding into my blog site. This blog bog is a spin-off from my website at http://www.niteowldave.com/. Call me a Night Owl, as my full-time mission and hobby are jabbering from midnight until 8 a.m.ish with chatter bugs across the world. Hoot, hoot! Being a retired newspaper guy and a Curious George, I've written and assembled a whack of stuff that I hope you'll find interesting and thought-provoking. Check out the Stories bar on the right side, below, for all my articles - from my web site and this blog.




November 19, 2013

HOW WE QUALIFY FOR HEAVEN

Key Bible verses
               

Genesis 1:27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created He them.
                      

God made us.


Colossians 1:17
And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
       

God sustains us.
 

Psalms 24:1
The earth is the LORD's, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.


God owns us.
 

Hebrews 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment


God judges us.
 

Romans 3:10-12
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.


Sin blocks our good efforts.
 

Isaiah 64:6
But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like
the wind, have taken us away.
         

Sin makes even our "righteous" acts filthy.
 

Isaiah 59:2
But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.
        

Sin has separated us from God.
 

Revelation 20:10-15
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
        

Sin will send us to the lake of fire.
 

John 12:48 
He that rejects me, and receives not my words, has one that judges him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day
        

God will judge us according to the Bible.

                              BUT

Romans 5:8
But God commended his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Messiah died for us.
        

God loves us.
 

Matthew 26:28
For this is my blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
        

Y'shua (Jesus) shed his blood for our sin.
 

Hebrews 9:22
And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
        

Y'shua shed his blood to meet God's requirement.
 

Hebrews 9:12
Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
        

Y'shua made a perfect sacrifice to redeem us.
 

Hebrews 10:12, 14
But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
        

Y'shua will make us perfect forever.
 

John 14:6
Y'shua saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
        

Y'shua is our only way to heaven.
 

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Messiah Y'shua our Lord.
        

Y'shua is God's gift.
 

John 1:12, 13
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born,
not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
        

You must receive Y'shua.
 

John 3:1-7
Y'shua answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God ... That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit ... Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
        

You must be born again.
 

1 Corinthians 15:1-4
...I declare unto you the good news...By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain...Messiah died for our sins according to the
Scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures.
        

You must believe the Good News.
 

John 1:1,12
In the Beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. And the Word was made flesh and tabernacled among us.
Y'shua is God, since God made a covenant with Israel through circumcision, and a covenant requires both parties to shed blood.
     

How can God shed blood if He has no body? He would have to become human to represent us legally, hence He would take on flesh, and become human, and He did just that.
 

Luke 13:3
I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
        

We must repent.
 

Romans 10:9-10
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Y'shua, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
        

We must confess.
 

Romans 10:13
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
        

We must call on the Lord to be saved

Why not pray the following prayer,
and trust Jesus as your Messiah right now.


Dear God,

I know that I have sinned, and need your forgiveness. I am willing to turn from my sin.

I believe that Jesus is the Messiah, that He died on the cross for my sins personally, and rose again to give me eternal life.

I now trust Jesus to come into my heart and life,
forgive me of all my sins, and give me everlasting life.

I believe that Jesus Christ in the only way to Heaven, and when He died, shed His blood, and rose again from again, He secured eternal life for me.
 

I choose to believe this and accept it with thanks.

AMEN
 

If you just prayed this prayer and really meant it with all your heart, then God heard your prayer and has forgiven you of all of your sins.

Now, get involved in some local congregation of believers in Y'shua (Jesus), and tell someone that you just made this decision for Y'shua.

If you don't know anyone else to tell, why don't you let me know and I'll send you some helpful information.