My Personal Christian Blog

Thanks for sliding into my blog site. This blog bog is a spin-off from my website at http://www.niteowldave.com/. Call me a Night Owl, as my full-time mission and hobby are jabbering from midnight until 8 a.m.ish with chatter bugs across the world. Hoot, hoot! Being a retired newspaper guy and a Curious George, I've written and assembled a whack of stuff that I hope you'll find interesting and thought-provoking. Check out the Stories bar on the right side, below, for all my articles - from my web site and this blog.




August 11, 2014

If we willfully sin, do we lose our salvation?


God does not always make things as clear in the Bible as some of us would like.

It seems God wants us to dig, search, and consider. Even then, we still may not get a clear understanding.

For example, the meaning of these two verses is debatable.                 

Hebrews 10:26-27 (KJV) says, “For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,  

But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.”

Some suggest these verses may be referring to Old Testament animal sacrifices. When the animals for sacrifices are used up, there is no more blood offerings left. But God would not allow that to happen.

Another view is that these verses mean that if we reject Christ the Savior, there is no other way we can be saved. This interruption makes sense.

These verses cannot be referring to backslidden Christians, but the unsaved. They have knowledge of the truth, only. In the second verse, you will note their are called
adversaries or enemies of Christ, not mere backsliders.
They are professors, not possessors.