My Personal Christian Blog

Thanks for sliding into my blog site. This blog bog is a spin-off from my website at http://www.niteowldave.com/. Call me a Night Owl, as my full-time mission and hobby are jabbering from midnight until 8 a.m.ish with chatter bugs across the world. Hoot, hoot! Being a retired newspaper guy and a Curious George, I've written and assembled a whack of stuff that I hope you'll find interesting and thought-provoking. Check out the Stories bar on the right side, below, for all my articles - from my web site and this blog.




October 31, 2014

WHAT ABOUT THOSE WHO HAVE NEVER HEARD OF JESUS?

By NiteOwl Dave
niteowldave@gmail.com

Would a caring God dispatch anyone to eternal Hell if he had never heard about and accepted the one true God? That question is often raised.

And what about the “heathen” – kind of a slam word - who truly seek the true God who sent the Lord Jesus Christ to pay our sin debt? Try this on for size.

According to Romans 1:18-20, everyone has been given the witness of a God through creation (external) and the witness of conscience (internal).

Creation and the amazing planned cycles of life that roll by smoothly century after century point to the existence of an all-powerful God.

Our conscience convicts us of sin. If we continue sinning, we suppress truth, says 11 Thessalonians 2:10-12. But if we suppress sin and seek more truth, we will get it.

"Ye shall seek me and find me when ye search for me with all your heart."

The Bible says that salvation comes just one way: through believing the gospel of Jesus Christ. It also says all other ways to God lead to eternal damnation.

The details of how each seeker hears and believes the gospel varies. In Scripture, Paul was sent to enlighten the seeker, Cornelius. Philip was sent to the seeking Ethiopian eunuch.

The Holy Spirit always rushes into the vacuum created by a seeker of truth. 


It is a given that God really doesn’t need us to deliver the truth of eternal salvation through what the Lord Jesus Christ did when He paid our total  sin debt when He died and rose again from the dead.

Of course, God does use those who have the guts to roll up their sleeves and share the gospel.

When there is no physical messenger handy to share the saving truth, God uses other ways like dreams, etc. to reach the lost.