My Personal Christian Blog

Thanks for sliding into my blog site. This blog bog is a spin-off from my website at http://www.niteowldave.com/. Call me a Night Owl, as my full-time mission and hobby are jabbering from midnight until 8 a.m.ish with chatter bugs across the world. Hoot, hoot! Being a retired newspaper guy and a Curious George, I've written and assembled a whack of stuff that I hope you'll find interesting and thought-provoking. Check out the Stories bar on the right side, below, for all my articles - from my web site and this blog.




January 27, 2018

DID GOD GOOF?



HE DID KNOW THAT MAN WOULD FAIL
 

By Harold Smith
 
QUESTION: If God knew that the man He made would sin, why did He make him?

ANSWER: This is a question that comes up very often, and is sort of based on a logical deduction. If He knew this, why did He do that?

I suppose it is the same thing as Ford making a car. Why did the inventor make a car when he knew it would eventually break down, rust out, and perhaps kill someone in an accident?


God most certainly had a purpose in making man, even though He foreknew what man would do.


In Ephesians 1:5, we read about the "good pleasure of His will." In verse 9, we read about the "good pleasure which He has PURPOSED IN HIMSELF". ‘


In verse 11, we read about the "purpose of Him that worketh all things after the counsel of His will". So, I am very confident that God knows exactly what and why He does things.


In Isaiah 55:8,9, we read, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Now that is quite a contrast.


Romans.11:33 says, "O the depth of both the wisdom and knowledge of God; how unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out."


The next verse adds, "For who hath known the mind of the Lord or who hath been His counsellor? God is so far superior in knowledge that we probably would not be able to grasp more than what is revealed in His Word if He told us.


The Apostle Paul deals with this same question in principle in Romans.9:20. He writes, "Nay, but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to Him that formed it, Why hath thou made me thus?"


It must be remembered that sin did not originate in man. Sin was around when man was first made. Satan was the first and originator of sin. It entered the world through Adam.(See Romans5:12.)  Maybe man is just another instrument in God’s dealing with sin in the heavens.

We are here. Where we came from, and why we are here, are not the big problems. More importantly is the question where do we go from here?


What about you?  Are you sure of eternity with God?  Only through faith in the blood of Christ can sin be taken away. Have you trusted Him?