My Personal Christian Blog

Thanks for sliding into my blog site. This blog bog is a spin-off from my website at http://www.niteowldave.com/. Call me a Night Owl, as my full-time mission and hobby are jabbering from midnight until 8 a.m.ish with chatter bugs across the world. Hoot, hoot! Being a retired newspaper guy and a Curious George, I've written and assembled a whack of stuff that I hope you'll find interesting and thought-provoking. Check out the Stories bar on the right side, below, for all my articles - from my web site and this blog.




August 26, 2013

REASONS FOR REJECTING GOD





If a person has not personally accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, perhaps it is because of one of these reasons make us nervous:

1. We are afraid of ridicule.

Luke 9:26 says, "For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels."  

2. We are turned off by the inconsistencies of people who claim to be believers in Jesus Christ.

Romans 14:12  says, "So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God."

3. We are nervous that Christ will expect too much of us?

Mark 8:36 says, "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

4. Because of our past, we may doubt that Jesus will accept us as we are. We may feel we have crossed a line.

John 6:36 says, "All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."

Isaiah 1:18 says, "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."

5. We may feel we are likely going to Heaven because we have given life our best shot and God ought to be satisfied with that.

James 2:10 says, "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.”

6. We might think that we have a long time to settle up with God.

Proverbs 27:1 says, "Boast not thyself of tomorrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth."