My Personal Christian Blog

Thanks for sliding into my blog site. This blog bog is a spin-off from my website at http://www.niteowldave.com/. Call me a Night Owl, as my full-time mission and hobby are jabbering from midnight until 8 a.m.ish with chatter bugs across the world. Hoot, hoot! Being a retired newspaper guy and a Curious George, I've written and assembled a whack of stuff that I hope you'll find interesting and thought-provoking. Check out the Stories bar on the right side, below, for all my articles - from my web site and this blog.




January 7, 2014

IS SALVATION A FEELING?


By Harold Smith
inchrist@sympatico.ca
 

QUESTION: How can I be sure I am saved when I cannot pinpoint a certain moment when I accepted Christ?

ANSWER: I suppose that if you have much money in the bank, but didn't know exactly how or when you put it there you would have no difficulty believing it was there.

This saved date is a problem with many. The all important thing isn't when, how or where it happened, but do you have it now? There are those who accepted Christ when they were young, but then they got away from the Lord.

They later come back to Him, and now they are not sure whether they were saved then, or when they come back.

So, what's the difference? The important thing is to know now that we are trusting in Christ. I do not remember the exact time I woke up this morning, but I do know I am awake.  Likewise, salvation is not a feeling but a fact.

The prodigal son in Luke 15 came back to the father. When did he come? Was it when the father fell on his neck and kissed him? Was it when he came to his senses at the pig sty and said, "I will arise and go to my father?" Was it when they made the feast and began to be merry? The fact is, he was in the father's house, safe and sound.

The blind boy of John 9 didn't know much but he said, "One thing I know, once I was blind, but now I see." It is where you are now that is the all important thing.

Dear reader, can you say like Paul, "I know in whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day." (2 Timothy 1:12).