My Personal Christian Blog

Thanks for sliding into my blog site. This blog bog is a spin-off from my website at http://www.niteowldave.com/. Call me a Night Owl, as my full-time mission and hobby are jabbering from midnight until 8 a.m.ish with chatter bugs across the world. Hoot, hoot! Being a retired newspaper guy and a Curious George, I've written and assembled a whack of stuff that I hope you'll find interesting and thought-provoking. Check out the Stories bar on the right side, below, for all my articles - from my web site and this blog.




January 2, 2014

Religion Doesn't Cut It



By NiteOwlDave
niteowldave@gmail.com
 

All religious philosophies are essentially do-it-yourself' kits that we must try to put into practice by our own strength.

Not one of them makes any provision for the most obvious and vital failing - our own inherent inability to live up to the standard a religious creed demands. No wonder many people find religion such a boring trudge involving “do this” and “don’t do that.”

The Bible points out that Jesus Christ did not offer a religious philosophy of life for us to struggle with until we get it right or give up in frustration because we can't keep the strict and frustrating rules, no matter how hard we try.

Rather, Christ offered Himself as our sacrifice. By dying and arising from the dead, Christ completed our salvation and made it rather simple for each of us to know we have eternal salvation, beginning now.

He does not require religious linkage for us to be admitted to Heaven when we die. Christ died to pay the total penalty of our sins. We must repent and accept Father God’s forgiveness.

Romans 8: 11 says, “And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.”

Salvation through Christ is just a sincere prayer away. Pray the following:
 

•    "Lord Jesus, I believe you are the Son of God, the only Savior of sinners.
•    "I confess that I have sinned. I have separated myself from God by running my own life. I repent of my sins.
•    "Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins and arising from the dead.
•    "I believe you are alive right now seeking an entrance into my heart.
•    "Lord Jesus, I open the door and invite you to come in. From this moment on, I want you to live through me.
•    "Thank you, Lord Jesus, for coming in. Amen."

Then what?
•    Begin attending a church where the Bible is clearly taught.
•    Get baptized by immersion to publicly proclaim your faith in Christ.
•    Start - or continue - doing good stuff in your community. Help others.

When there is a doubt about your salvation, go to Romans 10:9 which states:

"For if you will tell others with your own mouth that Jesus Christ is your Lord, and believe in your own heart that God has raised him from the dead, you will be saved." So tell someone you are trusting Christ.

"For it is by believing in his heart that a man becomes right with God; and with his mouth he tells others of his faith, confirming his salvation."

Can determining our eternal fate be that simple? Yes. Are you man enough with enough child-like faith to call out to God and accept Christ?