My Personal Christian Blog

Thanks for sliding into my blog site. This blog bog is a spin-off from my website at http://www.niteowldave.com/. Call me a Night Owl, as my full-time mission and hobby are jabbering from midnight until 8 a.m.ish with chatter bugs across the world. Hoot, hoot! Being a retired newspaper guy and a Curious George, I've written and assembled a whack of stuff that I hope you'll find interesting and thought-provoking. Check out the Stories bar on the right side, below, for all my articles - from my web site and this blog.




November 14, 2011

ARE THERE CHILDREN IN HELL?


Question: Are there children in hell?
Answer: No. Ponder these passages.

(1.) Jesus said, “Suffer (allow) little children to come to me for of such is the Kingdom of Heaven” (Matt. 19:14; Mark 10:14; Luke 18:16.)

(2.) When David’s newborn son died, he said, “…I shall go to him but he shall not return to me” (11 Sam. 12:23). Since we know King David went to Heaven, we conclude his infant son is there as well.

(3.) In the book of Numbers, 20 years old was the age when males were considered mature enough to serve in the army and be counted independently in the census.

Numbers 14:29 and 32:11 says, “In the wilderness your bodies will fall…everyone of you 20 years old or more…surely none of the men that came up out of Egypt, from twenty years old and upward, shall see the land which I swear to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob because they have not wholly followed me.”

IS 20 THE AGE OF ACCOUNTABILITY?

While those 20 or above when the Jews left Egypt, died in the wilderness for their sin of unbelief and never entered the land of Canaan, those below 20 were, apparently, considered too immature to be held accountable for not believing the account of Joshua and Caleb concerning the Promised Land and were given a pass to enter the land on that basis.

Since God is merciful and the same, “yesterday, today and forever,” I conclude that the same holds true today and that the age of accountability is 20. In that case, all those who die before their 20th birthday go to Heaven.

That also seems logical since both children and teens are still getting it together, physically, mentally, socially, and spiritually.

Regardless of your age, however, “Today if you will hear His voice, harden not your heart” (Ps. 95:7,8). “Now is the accepted time. Now is the day of salvation” (11 Cor. 6:2).