My Personal Christian Blog

Thanks for sliding into my blog site. This blog bog is a spin-off from my website at http://www.niteowldave.com/. Call me a Night Owl, as my full-time mission and hobby are jabbering from midnight until 8 a.m.ish with chatter bugs across the world. Hoot, hoot! Being a retired newspaper guy and a Curious George, I've written and assembled a whack of stuff that I hope you'll find interesting and thought-provoking. Check out the Stories bar on the right side, below, for all my articles - from my web site and this blog.




November 25, 2011

THE RAPTURE!

When Christ returns for His people


We’re outta here!

By Tim Johnson


Many are unaware that the Lord Jesus Christ is coming again - and likely very soon - to take all who have put their total trust in Him to be forever in Heaven.

We learn of this exciting event, known as the Rapture, from the only authoritative source of information about the future - God's Word, the Bible.

We also learn from this Book that certain conditions will exist in the world just prior to and following the Rapture.

Because we see these signs of the "last days" (2 Timothy 3:1-8; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3) so prevalent in our current society, as well as prophesied political developments in the Middle East, Europe and elsewhere, we can say with all assurance that Jesus is coming soon.


All is in readiness for the Rapture (Revelation 22:7,12,20).

The Rapture and the Believer

The greatest day of the believer's existence will be realized when he sees Jesus face to face at the Rapture (Revelation 22:4). Those who accept Christ as our Savior and Lord will be changed to be like Christ (1 John 3:1-3), forever free from sin and all its effects (Revelation 21:4).


The purpose of the Rapture is to transport to Heaven every one who has believed on the Lord Jesus Christ as personal Savior since the first man, Adam.

Adam sinned and as a result all of mankind is subject to the wages of sin which is eternal death and judgment. God in love provided a Savior for man in His Son.

Jesus paid for our sins - ALL OF THEM - at Calvary's cross. All who trust this blessed Savior, believing He died for their sins and rose again, are cleansed by His blood from every sin, and have eternal life (1 John 1:7; John 3:15,16).


The Bible tells us these are the ones who Christ will Rapture to Himself.
1 Thessalonians tell us, "The Lord Himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first.

"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord"

There are many other Scriptures telling of this wondrous prospect for believers, such as John 14:1-3 and 1Corinthians 15:51-56.

The Rapture and the Unbeliever


Immediately following the Rapture, the unbeliever's life here on earth may not be dramatically affected, except for missing those believers of his acquaintance who were taken to Heaven, and by the tormenting knowledge that he can never be saved - that he is left on earth for judgment, and his eternal doom is sealed.

Many will then seek salvation through Jesus, but the door to Heaven will be shut (Matthew 25:1-13). According to Bible prophecy, in the seven years following the Rapture, terrible times of trouble will be brought upon the earth by the Lord, with multitudes suffering physical torment and death.

Though it is true that many people who have never heard the gospel before will be saved during the tribulation (Revelation 7:9-14), God says that all who have rejected Christ now before the Rapture (including us, if we reject this message) will be sent "strong delusion, that they should believe a lie" of a charismatic but false messiah.


Ultimately, all unbelievers will face Christ as their Judge at the Great White Throne, and will then experience eternal, spiritual death as they are cast into the Lake Of Fire (Revelation 20:11-15; 21:8).


The Rapture and You

Will the Rapture be the greatest day of your existence, or will it be the beginning of unspeakable horror and suffering for all eternity?


It all depends on whether or not you believe on God's Son (John 3:36).


The most important and immediate matter you need to take care of is not to make out a will, or buy insurance, but prepare to meet God by taking His salvation freely offered to you (Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8,9).


You are not ready for the coming of Christ unless you have seen your need as a lost sinner and trusted Him alone as your personal Savior.


If I am an unbeliever now and continue to reject or neglect this great salvation, I will never hear the shout at the Rapture, I will never be able to go to Heaven (Hebrews 2:3; Luke 13:23-28).


It will be too late to repent at the Rapture, which will take place with no further advance warning in a split-second of time (1 Corinthians 15:52).


Jesus emphasized, "Today is the day of salvation." The Bible states bodily, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved." Then you will be ready when Jesus comes, perhaps today.


What do we need to pray to God to get saved and be Rapture-ready?
Something like this:

Dear God:
I am a sinner. Others have sinned greater than I have. Nevertheless, I stand before you now as a lost sinner, deserving of Hell.

I choose to believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God who became a man. I choose to believe He allowed Himself to be put to death, arose again on the third day, and is alive today.

The Bible says that our sins are washed away by the blood of Jesus Christ, and I believe that.
Father I want to be cleansed of all my sins right now. I know I am not right with God, and I want to be. I want to go to Heaven when I die.

Right now at (date and time)______________,
I bow at the foot of the cross of Jesus Christ, and I am dumping all of my sin there. ALL of them.
I ask that the blood of Jesus Christ wash away all my sins - past, present and future.

I am sorry for my sin, and I accept your forgiveness. Right now I declare that I am a Christian. I ask, Father, that you will make me aware of when I want to sin and give me the courage to say no.

I ask, too, that you will help me understand the Bible and to make the rest of my days on earth count for eternity. I pray all of this in the name of Jesus Christ - my new Lord and Savior. Amen.