My Personal Christian Blog

Thanks for sliding into my blog site. This blog bog is a spin-off from my website at http://www.niteowldave.com/. Call me a Night Owl, as my full-time mission and hobby are jabbering from midnight until 8 a.m.ish with chatter bugs across the world. Hoot, hoot! Being a retired newspaper guy and a Curious George, I've written and assembled a whack of stuff that I hope you'll find interesting and thought-provoking. Check out the Stories bar on the right side, below, for all my articles - from my web site and this blog.




June 10, 2010


Being Happy When We Hurt


A cynic asked an elderly believer who had endured great physical pain for 20 years, "What do you think of your God now?

The godly sufferer replied, "I think of Him more than ever." Sorrow can be the means of bringing us heart-to-heart with God.

When repeated strokes of adversity have robbed us of health, friends, money, and favorable circumstances, God then becomes the only thing in life for us.

We come to love Him for whom He is and not merely for what He has to give.

In those times we cry out with the Psalmist, "Whom do I have in Heaven but You! And there is none upon the earth that I desire besides You." (Psalm 73:25)

The path of sorrow leads us to the place where we can say, "My flesh and my heart fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." (Psalm 73:26).

Then, too, we must remember, on ahead lies Heaven, where "God will wipe away ever tear from our eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain." (Revelation 21:4)