My Personal Christian Blog

Thanks for sliding into my blog site. This blog bog is a spin-off from my website at http://www.niteowldave.com/. Call me a Night Owl, as my full-time mission and hobby are jabbering from midnight until 8 a.m.ish with chatter bugs across the world. Hoot, hoot! Being a retired newspaper guy and a Curious George, I've written and assembled a whack of stuff that I hope you'll find interesting and thought-provoking. Check out the Stories bar on the right side, below, for all my articles - from my web site and this blog.




May 16, 2010



Hell or Heaven: Who Cares?

By Grace Kemp
graceckemp@aol.com

Question:
What if I don’t believe in the end of the world? What if I don’t care if the All Mighty sends me to Heaven or Hell?

Answer:
You don't need to be a Bible believing Christian to know that the world will end. Our sun is running out of energy and will eventually exhaust its fuel supply and die, bringing an end to earth and our solar system.

The Bible records a more dramatic ending, however, in 11 Peter 3:10-13. As for our eternal destination, God loves all of us to such a degree that He offered his Son as a sacrifice for the sin of every human being.

We are given the choice of accepting or rejecting God's free gift of salvation. The Bible says of Heaven: "At thy right hand there are pleasures for ever more…eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him (Psalm 16:11; 1 Corinthians 2:9).

In other words, it is impossible for human minds to grasp or imagine the glories of Heaven.

Hell is described as a place "where the fire is not quenched (Mark 9:44, 46, 48), a place of "eternal damnation" (Mark 3:29), a place of "wailing and gnashing of teeth" (Matthew 13:42, 50), a "place of torment" (Luke 16:28), and "everlasting punishment" (Matthew 25:46), etc.

It is possible you "don't care" because God has been portrayed to you by some authority figure as evil and vindictive.

The fact is, God "loves you with an everlasting love" and Jesus is awaiting you with open arms.


Here is a verse and prayer for you:

Acts 16:31 - "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household."

Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I believe that you are the Son of God and the only Savior of the world. I believe you died on the Cross and later, rose from the dead, to pay the penalty for my sins.


I am sorry for my sins. I renounce all other gods. I accept You, Lord Jesus Christ, as my Savior and Lord. Thank you, God, for your amazing love and gift of salvation. In Jesus' name, amen.