My Personal Christian Blog

Thanks for sliding into my blog site. This blog bog is a spin-off from my website at http://www.niteowldave.com/. Call me a Night Owl, as my full-time mission and hobby are jabbering from midnight until 8 a.m.ish with chatter bugs across the world. Hoot, hoot! Being a retired newspaper guy and a Curious George, I've written and assembled a whack of stuff that I hope you'll find interesting and thought-provoking. Check out the Stories bar on the right side, below, for all my articles - from my web site and this blog.




October 22, 2012

‘I’M DOING MY BEST TO EARN HEAVEN’ 
Big problem with that thinking 

By Harold Smith 

inchrist@ns.sympatico.ca 

QUESTION: If I do the best I can will I be saved? This is another heresy that deceives millions. The Bible does not say salvation is by doing the best we can. 


Ephesians 2:8.9 says, “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” 


These verses tell us plainly that it is not our works that save us. If they did, we could boast which would be the terrible sin of pride. The Bible tells us that salvation is by God’s grace and His grace alone. 


This means it is a divine favor granted to all by God’s loving kindness for sinners. He sent His beloved Son to die so that we might be forgiven and saved. He could not take us to Heaven with one sin. It would be against His holy nature to do so. 


God’s part is grace, and our part is faith. Faith is the noun of believing. Believing is a verb which is an action word. This is something we do to receive His grace and salvation which is in His Son. 


There is no merit in faith alone. It is the object of our faith that is the important element. By an act of our will, we know we are a sinner. To be Heaven-worthy, we must put our trust and hope in Christ alone. 


Have you done this yet? We do not need any church to talk to God, We just must realize we are a sinner and lost to God and put our trust in Christ. Then tell others that others we have trusted Him.