My Personal Christian Blog

Thanks for sliding into my blog site. This blog bog is a spin-off from my website at http://www.niteowldave.com/. Call me a Night Owl, as my full-time mission and hobby are jabbering from midnight until 8 a.m.ish with chatter bugs across the world. Hoot, hoot! Being a retired newspaper guy and a Curious George, I've written and assembled a whack of stuff that I hope you'll find interesting and thought-provoking. Check out the Stories bar on the right side, below, for all my articles - from my web site and this blog.




February 22, 2015

The Pope in Manila


UNHOLY SMOKE

Some nitwit writes that he was overjoyed at the Pope swinging his smoke bomb at a mass in Manila in 2014.

He writes, “In my Bible reading for today, in the eighth chapter of Revelation, I can see why they keep waving the incense while they are praying because that's what the angel did.”

It is so wrong for the Pope or a priest to do that.
 

In Revelation 8:3, we read that an angel - who is really Christ – is at the prayer altar in Heaven with the incense, offering the prayers of the saints before God.

We must remember that Christ alone (not the Pope, not Mary) is the mediator between God and man.  


In copying this act, the Pope usurps the authority of Christ, a blasphemous act on his part.