My Personal Christian Blog

Thanks for sliding into my blog site. This blog bog is a spin-off from my website at http://www.niteowldave.com/. Call me a Night Owl, as my full-time mission and hobby are jabbering from midnight until 8 a.m.ish with chatter bugs across the world. Hoot, hoot! Being a retired newspaper guy and a Curious George, I've written and assembled a whack of stuff that I hope you'll find interesting and thought-provoking. Check out the Stories bar on the right side, below, for all my articles - from my web site and this blog.




March 29, 2016

WILL GOD EVER REJECT US?




By HAROLD SMITH

QUESTION:
I have been told that if we reject Christ long enough, God will withdraw His offer of salvation and we cannot be saved. Esau is given as an example Hebews 12:16-17.  Is this really true?

ANSWER: It is true that repeated rejections of Christ will harden the heart and make it more difficult for us to believe, but the thought that God will withdraw the offer is foreign to Scripture.

But those who die without accepting Christ will be rejected by God forever.

According to 2 Corinthians 6:2, we are living in the "day of salvation," This is the time when God says in Revelation 22:17, "Whosoever will, may come." He is not going to take vengeance on mankind in this His day of grace.                                              

A verse often wrongly cited is Genesis 6:3. It says, "My spirit shall not always strive with man..." The meaning of this verse has nothing to do with salvation. It refers to the human spirit given to man in Genesis 2:7, and not the Holy Spirit which is given when we get saved.

There will soon be a day when God’s door of mercy closes and His door of wrath opens.  But now, God is ready to forgive, and the offer of salvation is to all.

Accept the Savior and be saved today.  Tomorrow could be too late.