My Personal Christian Blog

Thanks for sliding into my blog site. This blog bog is a spin-off from my website at http://www.niteowldave.com/. Call me a Night Owl, as my full-time mission and hobby are jabbering from midnight until 8 a.m.ish with chatter bugs across the world. Hoot, hoot! Being a retired newspaper guy and a Curious George, I've written and assembled a whack of stuff that I hope you'll find interesting and thought-provoking. Check out the Stories bar on the right side, below, for all my articles - from my web site and this blog.




July 27, 2018

WHY DOESN’T GOD SAVE EVERYONE?


By NiteOwlDave
niteowldave@gmail.com                                                                            
Recently, I had some guy online ask me, "Why doesn’t God save everyone so we all go to Heaven when we die?"

If you have never heard the gospel, that’s a fair question. If you’re from Baltimore, as this guy claimed he was, it sounds lame. Surely, I told him, you know why the Lord Jesus Christ died and rose again.

I guess he lived under a rock because he said he had not. So I told him. He rejected my explanation and said none of us can know where we will go when we kicks off.

The Bible tells us the way to God, and how to get saved. And we are all born with a gut feeling there is a God.

The Bible is simple and clear that Jesus is the Son of God and is the one door – the one way - to Heaven.   

John 14:6 says, Jesus said, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”

On the cross where He shed His sacrificial blood, and died, then rose again from the dead three days days later, He paid for every sin we ever commit.  
 

If we repent to Him of our sins and sincerely believe and accept that Christ died for us, we are saved. We are not saved by good works, church membership, or baptism. These are evidence markers.

Ephesians 2:8-9 say, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."

The Bible says we are born with sin. We inherited it from Adam and Eve, the first humans that God created and placed in the perfect Garden of Eden. They chose to break His orders and sinned.

Some ask, “Why doesn’t God just save everyone?”  That suggests we are more compassionate than God is, and that puts us on the wrong track from the get-go.

God chose to create a being so like Himself that man could reason, reflect, and choose his own path. We can accept Christ or reject Him and wind up in Hell.

For reasons likely understandable only when those who are saved get to Heaven, will we understand the mind of God, and freewill.  

Gifts must be willingly received. God has given His very best—His only begotten Son—to settle our sin debt. He does not take the rejection of that offer lightly.

Christian apologist C. S. Lewis famously stated, “There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God, ‘Thy will be done,’ and those to whom God says, in the end, ‘Thy will be done.’ All that are in Hell, choose it.”