My Personal Christian Blog

Thanks for sliding into my blog site. This blog bog is a spin-off from my website at http://www.niteowldave.com/. Call me a Night Owl, as my full-time mission and hobby are jabbering from midnight until 8 a.m.ish with chatter bugs across the world. Hoot, hoot! Being a retired newspaper guy and a Curious George, I've written and assembled a whack of stuff that I hope you'll find interesting and thought-provoking. Check out the Stories bar on the right side, below, for all my articles - from my web site and this blog.




March 11, 2008


How To Feel God's Power
by Jana Salisbury

goneshelling@earthlink.net

Some - perhaps most - Christians and church-goers today don't "feel God" because they lack faith.

They likely don't understand the Bible and its awesome power, that it is living and active. They feel that it was (past tense) the inspired word of God back in the day, but don't understand that God's power is just the same today as it was back then.

They don't realize God WILL bring great joy and change their lives if they actually obey what the Bible says. They don't take a step of faith, give up their own desires and OBEY His laws.

They don't DELIGHT (or find great joy) in His Word. They don't meditate on it day and night. If people want to FEEL the power of God, they need only to have faith in the very-real power of God.

They need only believe that what God says in his word He will do, and that what they pray for, He will do.

I know this because I used to not feel anything either, until I started reading the Word and actually believing it. God has done great things in my life because I have prayed for great things and believed.

We do not have because we do not ask. I ask God for everything I need and He provides EVERYTHING I need. I mean I give EVERYTHING to God through each day. I pray for others and he answers.

I have learned to wait on the Lord and be patient without losing faith, because I know eventually He will answer. I say these things from experience. I don't just read the Word and gain book knowledge. I feel it.