My Personal Christian Blog

Thanks for sliding into my blog site. This blog bog is a spin-off from my website at http://www.niteowldave.com/. Call me a Night Owl, as my full-time mission and hobby are jabbering from midnight until 8 a.m.ish with chatter bugs across the world. Hoot, hoot! Being a retired newspaper guy and a Curious George, I've written and assembled a whack of stuff that I hope you'll find interesting and thought-provoking. Check out the Stories bar on the right side, below, for all my articles - from my web site and this blog.




January 3, 2009

God whispers


Question: If a person in a remote and hard-to-reach area is seeking the true God, will God use some supernatural means (such as an angel or voice from heaven) to reach him with the gospel?
Some suggest God does not use methods other than humans preaching the gospel to spread the salvation message.

But God has and does use supernatural methods such as angels and visions to convict and convert. Call them God whispers.

There are many accounts of people who have accepted Christ after a dream, vision, or revelation without human assistance.

In the tribulation, a desperate time that might compare to some cases today, an ANGEL shouts the "everlasting Gospel" from the heavens "to preach unto them that dwell on the earth and to every nations and kindred and tongue and people saying Fear God and give glory to him etc." (Rev. 14:6,7)

We must keep in mind, however, that today the written Word, the Bible, and the living Word, Christians, are the major tools used by the Holy Spirit.