My Personal Christian Blog

Thanks for sliding into my blog site. This blog bog is a spin-off from my website at http://www.niteowldave.com/. Call me a Night Owl, as my full-time mission and hobby are jabbering from midnight until 8 a.m.ish with chatter bugs across the world. Hoot, hoot! Being a retired newspaper guy and a Curious George, I've written and assembled a whack of stuff that I hope you'll find interesting and thought-provoking. Check out the Stories bar on the right side, below, for all my articles - from my web site and this blog.




April 6, 2010



Strange Beliefs and The True Way


By NiteOwlDave
niteowldave@gmail.com


Those who profess to be Christians quite often have ideas about Jesus that are just as wrong as those people who are not Christians.

For example:


1. Jehovah's Witnesses believe that Jesus is a created god and that He is also Michael the Archangel. Mormons believe Jesus is the spirit brother of Lucifer and that He was married and had children.

2. The followers of Christian Science and the Religious Science religions believe that Jesus was simply a man upon whom the "Christ empowerment" came.

3. Roman Catholics believe that the bread and wine of the Eucharist is transubstantiated, or changed, into the literal body and blood of Jesus, who is then ingested into one's stomach.

4. Lutherans believe that Jesus is consubstantiated, or present, "in, with, and under" the bread and wine of communion.

Such unbiblical beliefs are a mere handful among hundreds promoted by various Christian denominations and cults.

Yet what is even more appalling is that an inquiry about Jesus today among those who call themselves evangelicals (Bible-believing Christians) too often reveals "another Jesus".

What is the simple truth that is taught in the Bible? Everyone has sinned. We must be perfect to get into Heaven.

Jesus Christ came to earth as the Son of God. He lived a perfect, sinless life. He allowed Himself to be captured and crucified. He arose again from the dead and is alive in Heaven today.

To get to Heaven we must ask Jesus to save us. Until we do that, we are separated from the Savior and are blocked from Heaven.

How do we get saved? By praying something like this. Of course, we must sincerely believe what we are praying. Consider it a vow.

Dear God:

I am a sinner.
Others have sinned greater than I have. But, nevertheless, I stand before you now as a lost sinner, deserving of Hell.

I choose to believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God who became a man.

I choose to believe He allowed Himself to be put to death, arose again on the third day and is alive today.

The Bible says the blood of Jesus Christ washes our sins away, and I believe that.
Father I want to be cleansed of all my sins right now.

I know I am not right with God, and I want to be. I want to go to Heaven when I die.
Right now at (date and time)______________, I bow at the foot of the cross of Jesus Christ, and I am dumping all of my sin there. ALL of it!

I ask that the blood of Jesus Christ wash away all my sins - past, present and future.
I am sorry for my sin, and I accept your forgiveness.

Right now I declare that I am a Christian. I ask, Father, that you will make me aware of when I want to sin, and give me the courage to say No.

I ask, too, that you will help me understand the Bible, and to make the rest of my days on earth count for eternity.

I pray all of this in the name of Jesus Christ - my new Lord and Savior. Amen.