My Personal Christian Blog

Thanks for sliding into my blog site. This blog bog is a spin-off from my website at http://www.niteowldave.com/. Call me a Night Owl, as my full-time mission and hobby are jabbering from midnight until 8 a.m.ish with chatter bugs across the world. Hoot, hoot! Being a retired newspaper guy and a Curious George, I've written and assembled a whack of stuff that I hope you'll find interesting and thought-provoking. Check out the Stories bar on the right side, below, for all my articles - from my web site and this blog.




April 5, 2010



Why Isn't The Bible Crystal Clear


Why didn't Jesus speak more clearly in more understandable English? The answer: His teachings were quite often in time-release capsules and not necessarily for everyone's understanding at that time.


We see this in several places in the Bible. The prophets of the Old Testament didn't understand what they were writing.


They wrote by divine revelation and what they wrote often didn’t surface until MANY years later.


The Old Testament prophet Micah in Micah 5:2 wrote 800 years before the birth of Christ, "O Bethlehem, you are but a small Judean village, yet you will be the birthplace of my King who is alive from everlasting ages past!"


Fulfillment of that prophecy is recorded in The New Testament opening book Matthew 2:1 where it is written, "Jesus was born in the town of Bethlehem in Judea, during the reign of King Herod."