My Personal Christian Blog

Thanks for sliding into my blog site. This blog bog is a spin-off from my website at http://www.niteowldave.com/. Call me a Night Owl, as my full-time mission and hobby are jabbering from midnight until 8 a.m.ish with chatter bugs across the world. Hoot, hoot! Being a retired newspaper guy and a Curious George, I've written and assembled a whack of stuff that I hope you'll find interesting and thought-provoking. Check out the Stories bar on the right side, below, for all my articles - from my web site and this blog.




November 5, 2013

How were people saved before Jesus?


By Grace Kemp     
gracekemp@aol.com                                                                         
 

In the Old Testament, salvation was available through Christ's future death on the cross even though Christ was unknown at that point. Like today, people were saved by God through FAITH.
 

In simple obedience, the Jews shed the blood of animals to cover their sins, having no idea that it represented the future shed blood of Christ, the Son of God.
 

They obeyed out of blind faith. God saw the object of their faith, Christ, the "Lamb of God." In other words, Old Testament believers were saved on credit.
 

Once a year, the High Priest carried animal blood into the sacred Holy of Holies in the Temple where only he was allowed to enter.
 

There, he sprinkled blood on the Mercy Seat which was on the top of the Ark of the Covenant as temporal payment for the sins of the people on whose behalf the animal had died.