My Personal Christian Blog

Thanks for sliding into my blog site. This blog bog is a spin-off from my website at http://www.niteowldave.com/. Call me a Night Owl, as my full-time mission and hobby are jabbering from midnight until 8 a.m.ish with chatter bugs across the world. Hoot, hoot! Being a retired newspaper guy and a Curious George, I've written and assembled a whack of stuff that I hope you'll find interesting and thought-provoking. Check out the Stories bar on the right side, below, for all my articles - from my web site and this blog.




December 3, 2013

Is there just one judgment in Heaven?


How many judgments are there in Heaven? There are two judgments.

JUDGEMENT ONE: Those who accept in this life the sacrifice of Jesus Christ as total payment for all their sins and therefore are “saved” will, upon death, in Heaven, stand in judgment before God.

Re judgment one, 2 Corinthians 5:10 says, “For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.”
                        
They will be judged for how they lived as

Christians after they were saved. Eternal rewards will be at stake.

JUDGEMENT TWO: Those who have rejected Christ or chose to believe it took the sacrificial blood of Jesus plus their good works to gain Heaven will stand before God in a gut-wrenching second judgment where all will be sent to eternal Hell.

Those who stand before God in judgment two will be separated from God eternally, but the degrees of their suffering in Hell will be based on how good or bad a life they lived.

Judgment two is spelled out in Revelation 20: 11-15 which says: Those who have not trusted Christ as Savior will stand before the great white throne and be judged "according to their works."

Everyone there is Hell-bound. This judgment will be to determine the degree of their punishment in Hell.

We should get saved NOW. The Bible states repeatedly that the way to Heaven is by accepting what Jesus completed on the cross. There is no other way.

Jesus said in John 14:6, "I am THE WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE, NO MAN cometh to the Father but by me.”