My Personal Christian Blog

Thanks for sliding into my blog site. This blog bog is a spin-off from my website at http://www.niteowldave.com/. Call me a Night Owl, as my full-time mission and hobby are jabbering from midnight until 8 a.m.ish with chatter bugs across the world. Hoot, hoot! Being a retired newspaper guy and a Curious George, I've written and assembled a whack of stuff that I hope you'll find interesting and thought-provoking. Check out the Stories bar on the right side, below, for all my articles - from my web site and this blog.




December 28, 2013

WE ARE SAVED BY THE BLOOD OF CHRIST

If I ask God to forgive my sins each day and try to live a good life will I not be saved? The answer is no.

We are not saved by works. Romans 6: 23 says, “The wages of sin is death…” Our sin debt was paid in full by Jesus Christ at Calvary. He shed His blood and died to provide forgiveness for us. Our good works contribute nothing toward our salvation.

We must come to Him with our sins and depend on His sacrifice alone to saves us. The Bible says in Hebrews 9:22, "...without the shedding of blood there is no remission (forgiveness) of sins.”

God forgives us if we are depending on the only sacrifice that takes away sin. He is said in John 1:29 to be "...the Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world." We must ask the Lord Jesus to forgive us of our sin and trust God that we are forgiven by Christ alone.

The Bible warns us not to lean on what we think but what the Bible says. Proverbs 14:12 says, "There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.”

Our way often seems to us to be the right way, but God says Isaiah 55:8, "My ways are not your ways and my thoughts are not your thoughts.” Our good living will not take away past sins.
 

The Bible says in Hebrew 9:22, "...without the shedding of blood there is no remission (forgiveness) of sin.”

We must come to Him as a sinner, hopeless, helpless and unworthy and cast ourself upon the mercy of God where it can only be found, at the cross of Christ.