My Personal Christian Blog

Thanks for sliding into my blog site. This blog bog is a spin-off from my website at http://www.niteowldave.com/. Call me a Night Owl, as my full-time mission and hobby are jabbering from midnight until 8 a.m.ish with chatter bugs across the world. Hoot, hoot! Being a retired newspaper guy and a Curious George, I've written and assembled a whack of stuff that I hope you'll find interesting and thought-provoking. Check out the Stories bar on the right side, below, for all my articles - from my web site and this blog.




February 10, 2014

SIMPLY TRUST HIM



By Harold Smith
inchrist@ca.inter.net

QUESTION: It is very difficult to be a Christian. Will God hold me accountable if I can't?

ANSWER: It is not difficult to become a Christian. And, yes, God will hold us accountable for not becoming a Christian. The one sin that will put us into Hell is failing to trust Christ as our Saviour.

John 3:18 says, "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

Christians are those who accept Christ. Christians are not made by good works. We do not become a Christian by living like one. Many people incorrectly think they must live it to get it.

The provision was made at the cross of Christ to put away our sins. To become a Christian we MUST "repent" and "believe." That means we must trust Christ to be saved.

Paul's message to us all is, "Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ." Jesus said, "Repent and believe the gospel."

The jailer was told, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house." We must do the believing and God does the saving.

Living a Christian life is not hard. First, we have to have it in order to live it. When we trust the Savior, Jesus comes in by the Spirit and He lives His life in us.

Many of the old things will pass away and new things will come in. We will not find it difficult if the Lord is in us is working out our life for us.